One shadow restriction: crossposting to alt.france is forbidden
kensi
2020-10-28 03:07:29 UTC
One shadow restriction: crossposting to alt.france is forbidden, even
though that group is not listed on the restrictions page, nor any prefix
of it.

If you wanted for some reason to keep this restriction secret, you have
failed. You might as well list it on the restrictions page now, and in
the interest of honesty you should list all of them, or just rescind
them. Is there any actual problem with ongoing crosspost abuse in
alt.france? No? Then just rescind it.

And in the future, don't lie to us about the set of operating restrictions!
in here." ~Checkmate
Aioe
2020-10-28 09:20:02 UTC
Post by kensi
If you wanted for some reason to keep this restriction secret, you have
failed
Current crosspost rules are the following, alt.france is *not* included

our %forbidden_crosspost =
(
#
"it\.test",
"\,",
# it.test messages can't be crossposted to other groups
"news\.admin\.net-abuse\.email",
"\,",
# Mass crosspost abuses happens here
"can\.",
"\,",
# Crosspost abuses inside can.* hierarchy
"israel\.",
"\,",
# Abuses against israel
"rec\.sport\.pro\-wrestling", "\,",
"it\.hobby\.fai\-da\-te|it\.hobby\.viaggi|it\.tlc\.cellulari\.android",
"\,",
"sci\.physics", "\,",
"it\.eventi\.covid19", "\,",
"soc\.culture\.jewish", "\,",
"fr\.", "\,",
"rec\.arts\.tv", "\,",

# Crosspopst abuses
);
kensi
2020-10-29 03:10:11 UTC
Post by Aioe
Post by kensi
If you wanted for some reason to keep this restriction secret, you have
failed
Current crosspost rules are the following, alt.france is *not* included
OK ... then test it. Try to crosspost to it using your own server and
see what happens. Be sure to post the MID here of the successful post so
we can all verify it ... :)
in here." ~Checkmate
Aioe
2020-10-29 16:38:18 UTC
Post by kensi
Try to crosspost
i can't crosspost a message to alt.france
which other group do you use for your tests?
kensi
2020-10-30 04:54:38 UTC
Post by Aioe
Post by kensi
Try to crosspost
i can't crosspost a message to alt.france
How do you explain this observation?
in here." ~Checkmate