Website change
suzeeq
2019-06-10 01:13:53 UTC
Why have you replaced all of the web pages at news.aioe.org with this?

Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead

Firefox detected an issue and did not continue to news.aioe.org. The
website is either misconfigured or your computer clock is set to the wrong
time.

It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox
from connecting securely. If you visit this site, attackers could try to
steal information like your passwords, emails, or credit card details.

What can you do about it?

Your computer clock is set to 6/9/2019. Make sure your computer is set to
the correct date, time, and time zone in your system settings, and then
refresh news.aioe.org.

If your clock is already set to the right time, the website is likely
misconfigured, and there is nothing you can do to resolve the issue. You
can notify the website’s administrator about the problem.

Nothing is wrong with my computer clock. It is set correctly. Why is it
saying it's wrong?
Paul
2019-06-10 01:53:51 UTC
Post by suzeeq
[...]
I get this:

www.aioe.org:443 uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 6/9/2019 3:17 AM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

Your browser seems to have constructed an excessively
complicated "root cause" from this.

Or, some of the message is coming from a server-side
report, rather than a client-side report.

Probably just a server certificate that needs to be regenerated.

Paul
noel
2019-06-10 03:58:41 UTC
No doubt that the useless POS certbot has failed.... again...

we pissed it off ages ago. its just too unreliable, we use acme.sh and
its not missed a beat.
Paul
Aioe
2019-06-10 09:52:45 UTC
Post by noel
No doubt that the useless POS certbot has failed.... again...
Yes, certbot failed the renovation without sending alerts as usual because
acme removed a way to verify sites that request certificate renovations but
old certbot installations do not alert sysadmin about this and the output
of certbot Is near ti be unreadable by humans

Aioe
2019-06-10 08:58:33 UTC
Post by suzeeq
Why have you replaced all of the web pages at news.aioe.org with this?
Because SSL certificates used by aioe.org were expired. Now it's June and yesterday was Sunday, i have replaced them
on Monday morning, today, a few minutes ago.
I apologize but due security reasons my server accepts remote ssh connections only from my home ip addresses so i need
to be here in order to change everything under the hood.

Now everything works as usual