Missing Message Thread
Chris Schram
2021-03-11 22:02:21 UTC
There is an ongoing message thread in some of the comp.sys.mac.* groups
that is making it to eternal-september, but is completely absent on
aioe.

The thread is crossposted to four groups, two of which are not in the
Big Eight official hierarchy, if that matters.

The subject of the thread is only of passing interest to me, but I'm
reporting it in case there is a bigger problem that needs addressing.
Thank you.

Subject: A retrospective look at Mac OS X Snow Leopard
Newsgroups: comp.sys.mac.software,comp.sys.mac.system,comp.sys.mac.systems
,comp.sys.mac.vintage
Post by Chris Schram
The thread is crossposted to four groups, two of which are not in the
Big Eight official hierarchy, if that matters.
I suspect it is because of cross-posting to more than 3 newsgroups.  I
have in the past tried to post to:

aioe.test
alt.test
microsoft.public.test.here
alt.comp.test

Mixmin and Eternal and others posted them but aioe didn't.  Then I tried
with just two newsgroups and this time it was posted to aioe without any
problems.

Also, my HTML posts don't get posted on aioe when I try to post directly
rather than going via other services. So clearly something is amiss here.

Me thinks so anyway!!
--
With over 1.2 billion devices now running Windows 10, customer
Aioe
2021-03-13 09:25:06 UTC
Post by 😉 Good Guy 😉
I suspect it is because of cross-posting to more than 3 newsgroups.
at the moment, usenet (and my server) are suffering for a large flood,
rules in these days are less permissive