greenend.* hierarchie on aioe
Rink
2022-01-15 19:28:32 UTC
I found this posting in control.checkgroups

---------------

Onderwerp: cmsg checkgroups greenend.*
Datum: Wed, 1 Dec 2021 01:52:03 +0000 (GMT)
Van: greenend-usenet-***@greenend.org.uk
Organisatie: A poorly-installed InterNetNews site
Nieuwsgroepen: greenend.config

greenend.announce Announcements of unpleasant medical complaints
greenend.commits Commit messages from SGO software projects
greenend.config greenend.* administrivia
greenend.misc Unpleasant medical complaints
greenend.relativity.private.rsvp Party invite replies (Relativity).
greenend.system cron barfmail
greenend.test Tests for unpleasant medical complaints
greenend.vpn Private networking among the SGO and associates

---------------

And I found the greenend.* hierarchie on aioe.

But the newsgroupnames on aioe are not the same as in
the greenend checkgroups message. The names in aioe
have the first word of the newsgroup description added.
for example: greenend.announceAnnouncements

And the newsgroups on aioe are empty.
I was expecting the checkgroups message in greenend.config

Not an important issue, but could you look at this?

Thanks,

Rink
Aioe
thank you for your alert, i've created them with the correct name
Rink
2022-01-16 22:27:53 UTC
Post by Aioe
Post by Rink
But the newsgroupnames on aioe are not the same as in
the greenend checkgroups message. The names in aioe
have the first word of the newsgroup description added.
for example:  greenend.announceAnnouncements
thank you for your alert, i've created them with the correct name
Thank you.
No postings yet, but I think we'll have to wait for new postings.

The test group works.

I'm not sure where it's all about.
It has something to do with:
https://www.greenend.org.uk