My small newsreader
Aioe
2018-03-29 15:41:39 UTC
In recent times i'm often forced to read newsgroups through a small-
screen android smartphone and I found that there are no good web
interfaces to read groups with such tight screens.
For this reason I wrote a small, very rudimentary web interface that
allows me to read newsgroups that I need to frequently consult even using
a 320px screen.
At this point in the history of USENET I do not know if someone beyond me
could be interested in a so specialized newsreader and then I'm in doubt
whether or not to publish the source code in GPL.
Obviously, at present this interface is an alpha version, very buggy and
incomplete that works badly.
If someone decides to try it, please let me know the comments and
impressions. If you find bugs, as probable, please warn me.
As soon as the interface is a bit 'improved I plan to move it into the
site of the news server, in the meantime can be consulted by this url:

https://www.aioe.org/nr/
Good Guy
2018-03-30 17:41:10 UTC
Post by Aioe
[...]
Please post your code on GitHub where it can be discussed and improved
further if need be.

Ciao.
Aioe
2018-03-31 14:03:28 UTC
Post by Good Guy
Please post your code on GitHub where it can be discussed and improved
further if need be.
code is at:

https://github.com/Aioe/AWN

note that now my newsreader is available at

http://5.9.252.135

the old installation has been removed.
dacav
2018-04-03 11:57:20 UTC
Post by Aioe
note that now my newsreader is available at
http://5.9.252.135
It looks really good!

For the record, I'm using an application on Android to look at
USENET on mobile. But I'm not very satisfied with it, and it's
not free software.

Speaking of Github, thanks for sharing https://github.com/aioe.
Aioe
2018-04-04 09:16:00 UTC
Post by dacav
It looks really good!
thank you very much
If you want to give me a hand, I'm happy