KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE
Tom Smith
2020-07-08 22:37:52 UTC
Windows spec
Edition W 10 Home
Version 1909
OS Build 18363.900

I am trying to instal Avermedia software for USB Tv receiver, but i keep
getting a 'KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE'.
I can run the exe, but when i click on the Avermedia icon to complete
the setup this error always appears.
I have tried using compatibility for 10,8 and 7 to no avail.

I have successfully used this software for many years on XP & 7 and have
never seen this error before.

Because Gigabyte did not support my GA-P31-ES3G M/B beyond W7 i have
recently changed to a M/B bundle comprising a Gigabyte A320M-S2H + AMD
Ryzen 3 + 2 x 4GB of memory which is working fine except for this problem.
One odd thing i have noticed - the BIOS and CPU-z correctly identify the
M/B as Gigabyte A320M-S2H, but if i go to
Devices->
Bluetooth and other devices ->
Devices and printers->
TOMS-PC - right click - properties i get
TOMS-PC
Device information
Manufacturer CCL Computers
Model Custom motherboard bundle
Model number MB BUNDLE
Categories Desktop PC
Description Unavailable.

Can anyone help.
TIA
Tom
kensi
2020-07-09 02:17:19 UTC
Post by Tom Smith
Windows spec
Edition     W 10 Home
Version     1909
OS Build    18363.900
I am trying to instal Avermedia software for USB Tv receiver, but i keep
getting a 'KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE'.
I can run the exe, but when i click on the Avermedia icon to complete
the setup this error always appears.
I have tried using compatibility for 10,8 and 7 to no avail.
This does not seem to be an AIOE issue. It may be better posted in a
general Windoze hardware/software newsgroup.

That being said, it's quite obvious what the problem is, from this line
Post by Tom Smith
Edition W 10 Home
Delete that crap and get a real OS like Windoze 7 or better yet Linux
and I bet your problem will go away.
in here." ~Checkmate
Colonel Edmund J. Burke
2020-07-09 23:57:41 UTC
Post by Tom Smith
Edition     W 10 Home
Delete that crap and get a real OS like Windoze 7 or better yet Linux
and I bet your problem will go away.
Both of you need to put away those toys and get a goddamned job.