messages to aioe.news.helpdesk
Rink
2021-07-02 13:11:43 UTC
Yesterday and today I sent two messages to
aioe.news.helpdesk
crossposted to
de.newusers.questions

Both messages didn't arrive.
Did I something that is not allowed?

regards,
Rink
Jak
2021-07-02 20:39:09 UTC
Post by Rink
Yesterday and today I sent two messages to
aioe.news.helpdesk
crossposted to
de.newusers.questions
Both messages didn't arrive.
Did I something that is not allowed?
regards,
Rink
Rink,

Did you check the 'Rejected articles' page before posting here?
<https://news.aioe.org/tools/rejected-articles/>
Rink
2021-07-03 14:17:58 UTC
Post by Jak
Post by Rink
Yesterday and today I sent two messages to
aioe.news.helpdesk
crossposted to
de.newusers.questions
Both messages didn't arrive.
Did I something that is not allowed?
regards,
Rink
Rink,
Did you check the 'Rejected articles' page before posting here?
<https://news.aioe.org/tools/rejected-articles/>
Thanks Yak,
Didn't know this page exists.

I checked now, but...
Pity, it's more then 24 hours ago...

I think, I know why my post was rejected.
The newsgroup
de.newusers.questions
is a moderated group
according to:
<https://news.aioe.org/tools/statistics-about-groups/index.php?id=statistics-about-groups&group=de.newusers.questions>

And my experience when I crosspost to a moderated group, it will fail.

I will send my message only to this aioe helpdesk group.

Rink
Rink
2021-07-03 14:49:03 UTC
Post by Rink
Post by Jak
Post by Rink
[...]
It worked, so the crosspost to a moderated group was the reason.

Rink
Jack Lemmon
2021-07-21 20:55:07 UTC
Post by Jak
Did you check the 'Rejected articles' page before posting here?
<https://news.aioe.org/tools/rejected-articles/>
AIOE and E-S servers are broken. They don't carry all the posts in
Windows 10. I compared with Giganews, AIOE and "news.ripco.com" and AIOE
is missing quite a few posts. Server must be censoring some posts by
known trolls but this is wrong. Filtering or censoring should be left to
users not the Server Masters.
Blueshirt
2021-07-21 21:04:24 UTC
Post by Jack Lemmon
AIOE and E-S servers are broken. They don't carry all the posts in
Windows 10. I compared with Giganews, AIOE and "news.ripco.com" and AIOE
is missing quite a few posts. Server must be censoring some posts by
known trolls but this is wrong. Filtering or censoring should be left to
users not the Server Masters.
AIOE definitely filters messages from known trolls and spammers ... I
frequent a certain Dr Who newsgroup and reading new messages from ES
servers often differ from new messages retrieved from AIOE servers.
(Which can make things awkward to keep up with if I'm on a different
PC/connection, but I do know why they do it.)
Aioe
2021-07-21 21:08:40 UTC
Post by Jack Lemmon
Post by Jak
Did you check the 'Rejected articles' page before posting here?
<https://news.aioe.org/tools/rejected-articles/>
AIOE and E-S servers are broken.
could you provide me a list of missing articles (their message-id is
enough)?
Rink
2021-08-17 12:00:42 UTC
Post by Aioe
Post by Jack Lemmon
Post by Jak
Did you check the 'Rejected articles' page before posting here?
<https://news.aioe.org/tools/rejected-articles/>
AIOE and E-S servers are broken.
could you provide me a list of missing articles (their message-id is
enough)?
One message which is missing in three German newsgroups on aioe:

<de-newusers-infos/de-newsgruppen/20210813-***@msgid.krell.zikzak.de>

Subject is:
<2021-08-06> Die Newsgruppen der de-Hierarchie
From:
Thomas Hochstein <***@thh.name>
Newsgroups:
de.newusers.info
de.admin.news.groups
de.alt.admin
Last sent:
13-8-2021 0:00

It's a weekly message.
Former messages had subject
<2021-07-04> Die Newsgruppen der de-Hierarchie

Rink
😉 Good Guy 😉
2021-08-17 17:10:00 UTC
I have used 21st century technology to compose this post to make it easier for people to read the message in hypertext. I used a DELL keyboard to compose this message.
--
Windows-10: <news://freenews.netfront.net/alt.comp.os.windows-10>
Windows-8: <news://freenews.netfront.net/alt.comp.os.windows-8>

Google Groups: <https://groups.google.com/g/microsoft.public.windowsxp.general>
Aioe
2021-08-21 07:07:26 UTC
Aug 13 00:00:05.892 - feeder.eternal-september.org
<de-newusers-infos/de-newsgruppen/20210813-***@msgid.krell.zikzak.de> 439
Article of 198807 bytes exceeds local limit of 131072 bytes