Posting to the moderated Newsgroup alt.sysadmin.recovery
Dennis Davis
2017-09-15 08:05:47 UTC
The alt.sysadmin.recovery Newsgroup is moderated. However it's
automoderated. There is no moderator for this Newsgroup. All it
takes to post articles is to put an Approved: in the article.

The above is hinted in the FAQ:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/sysadmin-recovery/

where it states:

MMost of all: DO NOT mention how to post here, don't even hint
about it, and don't tell them or hint about it by e-mail. It's
already far too easy to work it out. Those who belong here can
figure out how to post. Unfortunately, so can several people who
don't belong here. Fortunately, we usually manage to make such
posters leave "willingly".

and spelt out explicitly at:

https://everything2.com/title/alt.sysadmin.recovery

where it states:

ASR is also notable as one newsgroup without a single piece of
spam. Automoderation of all posts not blessed with a wave of the
chicken is responsible for this miracle. The trick is a special
header starting with "Approved:" and filled out according to whim
added to the posts, allowing them to pass inspection. This usually
weeds out the idiot with a web browser; people clueful enough to
understand the trick are respectful of their wish for privacy.

The alt.sysadmin.recovery Newsgroup on nntp.aioe.org isn't set
up to allow the above to happen. Would it be possible for the
configuration to be changed to allow this to happen?

Years ago I used to be responsible for a Usenet News system running
C News. This wasn't a problem with C News. However I suspect that
this inability to post is one of the default restrictions of INN.

I'm not that familiar with INN, but I suspect it'll require changes
to the readers.conf configuration used by nnrpd. Something similar
to:

access alt.sysadmin.recovery {
users: *
newsgroups: alt.sysadmin.recovery
access: "RPA"
}

would need to be inserted and then nnrpd restarted to pick up
the fresh configuration.
Dennis Davis <***@fastmail.fm>
Aioe
2017-09-15 08:22:21 UTC
Post by Dennis Davis
The alt.sysadmin.recovery Newsgroup is moderated. However it's
automoderated
now you are able to post again
thank you for your alert
Sn!pe
2017-09-15 09:11:55 UTC
Post by Dennis Davis
automoderated
What a fine place this is to post such an article,
wouldn't email to Paolo have been more appropriate?

RIP The Monastery.
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@gmail.com>

My pet rock Gordon just rolled his eyes.
Dennis Davis
2017-09-15 11:37:30 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Dennis Davis
automoderated
What a fine place this is to post such an article,
wouldn't email to Paolo have been more appropriate?
Please see:

http://news.aioe.org/index.php?id=contacts

and read:

3. Helpdesk groups
Those who need help must send their requests to the helpdesk
groups instead of sending email messages to the administrators'
personal addresses. There're various newsgroups that can be used:

aioe.news.helpdesk is the main english helpdesk group. All doubts,
requests, answers must be sent here.
Dennis Davis <***@fastmail.fm>
Sn!pe
2017-09-15 13:21:39 UTC
Dennis Davis <***@fastmail.fm> wrote:

[subject changed]

[...]
Post by Dennis Davis
aioe.news.helpdesk is the main english helpdesk group.
All doubts, requests, answers must be sent here.
And now all the trolls in this sewer have the chicken. Pshaw.

[fu set]
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@gmail.com>

My pet rock Gordon just rolled his eyes, then rolled them back again.
Adam H. Kerman
2017-09-20 15:58:11 UTC
Sn!pe
2017-09-20 18:03:22 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Sn!pe
[subject changed]
[...]
Post by Dennis Davis
aioe.news.helpdesk is the main english helpdesk group.
All doubts, requests, answers must be sent here.
And now all the trolls in this sewer have the chicken. Pshaw.
If I want to post to a.s.r, is the chicken fried or baked?
White meat or dark meat? Breast, wing, drumstick, or thigh?
Tell me the secret! I don't have the chicken!
This chicken is rubbery.
--
^Ï^. Sn!pe <***@gmail.com>

My pet rock Gordon just is.
Scatboi g8dgc
2017-09-20 19:01:54 UTC
Post by Sn!pe
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Post by Sn!pe
[subject changed]
[...]
Post by Dennis Davis
aioe.news.helpdesk is the main english helpdesk group.
All doubts, requests, answers must be sent here.
And now all the trolls in this sewer have the chicken. Pshaw.
If I want to post to a.s.r, is the chicken fried or baked?
White meat or dark meat? Breast, wing, drumstick, or thigh?
Tell me the secret! I don't have the chicken!
This chicken is rubbery.
You momma gimme good giblets.
LOL
Good Guy
2017-09-20 19:44:47 UTC
Post by Adam H. Kerman
Tell me the secret! I don't have the chicken!
Then go and buy the chicken first before asking for "secret" help here.
Make sure you have Windows 10 running when you come back here again.
--
With over 500 million devices now running Windows 10, customer